Thursday, July 8, 2010

Day 4 ipod touch

Today we did a review of how to set up the ipod touch as an Assistive Technology communication device. We were divided into groups and given the profile of a boy who needs the device in order to communicate. The group that I am part of worked very efficiently on the task. It was neat to see our various skills come into play as we set up the project. I was impressed by how smoothly it all went. When we went back into our small groups, the process went equally as smooth. I found it encouraging to think about how much can be done for a student in a short period of time, especially when the supporting team is cohesive and on task. I know that in most of the contexts that we work in, things do not always go so smoothly.
Today the distribution of work, setting goals and objectives, and discussing important considerations all went extremely well. The experience today makes me think of how important it is to work hard toward creating such teams. I know that teamwork is important in all areas but I feel that with the complexity of planning to pair Assistive Technology with students who have special needs, it is a key piece of the puzzle to have strong teamwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment