Friday, July 9, 2010

Day 5 Presentations

Today was a great class. We got to see the culmination of our work on the communication project. Once again I was amazed by the groups presentations. After partisipating in the Charlie group presentation, i felt that my praise for the team in yesterday's entry was well placed. Several things solidified for me today. First My family needs iphones. I have used Macs for over 20 years but I have dropped the ball when it comes to the ipod touch. I have an ipod but what a difference when you can interact in the way you can with the ipod touch. How nice is it to be able to play air guitar, piano,or play around with water whenever you want. It goes without saying(but I will) that it is beyond value as an AT device. Today I saw it in action and over the last while I have seen and experienced the process of planning, the framework to use and many tips on what to watch out for when considering deployment of a device. Everything has to be filtered through the goals set down for the student and also filtered through the multiple lenses of need, interests, tasks, invirnmental issues...the list goes on...and on. I'll end this blog entry where I started. The culminating presentation demonstrated a very usefull communication tool in the pairing of proloquo2go,the ipod touch, and an excellent planning team. My key for today is awareness. As educators we need to be aware of current tech. After finishing my first week of two cources at Acadia, I know that being busy is no excuse. I thought I was busy teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment